Sunday, December 9, 2018

Grocery bag

With all the movement to go green, cloth shopping bags are all the rage.
I wanted to experiment with making one to see if I could use leftover T-shirt pieces.
I used the pattern by Sewn Ideas called Roomy Grocery bag.

It's a two sided bag with two of the T-shirts I didn't use in Lisa's quilt.
I actually think the bag might be a little big, but it is Roomy.

I also would make a change to how the handle was made so it would be a little more sturdy.
I would not use a 1/4" & 1/8" seam, I'd use the 1/2" seam to do the bag.
Other than that, it went together and the instructions were great.
I still have some leftover T-shirts, so I think I'll make a few more of these for her.
I'm having lunch with her on Tuesday, so it is perfect for a Christmas gift (even if I don't get the second one done)

No comments: