Monday, December 31, 2018

2019 goals


2019 goals
I have 7 categories of goals.

1.    I will improve my health
a.    I will to get back into consistent exercise.
b.    I will drink more water than other things.
c.    I will eat the Keto way
d.    I will be more positive in how I look at challenges

2. I will become more organized
a.    I will vacuum between projects to keep the floor clear of threads.
b.    I will continue my organizational challenge with a weekly area being worked on
c.    Paperwork
1.    I will shred or trash unnecessary paperwork.
2.    I will file weekly.
d.    Estates
a.    I will finalize all my parent's paperwork and file it accordingly.
b.    I will finalize Bill’s paperwork for Jon and consolidate it.
e.    I will devise a system for my printed patterns either on the computer or in a book.
f.     Craft Supplies
a.    I will go through my craft supplies and donate what I’ll never use.
b.    I will do some of my other crafts
g.    Containers
a.    I will organize the containers in the extra bedroom.
b.    When I am finished with the compiling and purging of the household, I will discard the containers/
h.    Household
a.    I will go through things in the house and pass on what I no longer need.
b.    I will evaluate the furniture in the house and share what is not needed.
c.    I will work on one room at a time to super clean and go through the contents for keeping and donating.
d.    I will develop and use a schedule for keeping the house in order.
i.      I will begin to scan photos each week

4. I will improve
a.    I will learn about my Featherweight and use it.
b.    Gammill Long Arm
a.    I will try some new patterns
b.    I will practice my ruler work.
c.    I will clean it monthly
c.    Embroidery machine
a.    I will learn how to use the special tools
b.    I will make more items with embroidery on them.
c.    I will stitch out the things I digitize
d.    Digitizing
a.    I will digitize my own designs for use
b.    I will set aside time to work on my digitizing Bible weekly
c.    I will stitch out all my fonts in different sizes.
d.    I will post to YCD forum with things I’ve done and get feedback
e.    I will continue to test for TQPM and pick projects that challenge me.
f.     I will practice hand quilting.
g.    I will use some of the patterns and books I already have

5. I will decrease my fabric stash
a.    I will use or donate a net of at least 200 yards of fabric.
b.    I will only buy with a purpose
c.    I will keep track of my goals.
d.    I have triple digit UFOs (175) and would like to get them down to double digits this year. Areas to help me will be
a.    This year Judy L is doing a number of different things with UFOs and New starts.
b.    I belong to Stashbusters Yahoo group and they do their annual UFO Challenge.
                                          i.    I will make a habit of finishing at least one of the Challenge numbers.
c.    I am doing the OMG with Elm Street Quilts
d.    I'm going to be open to other challenges, but not stress over them.
e.    I will celebrate my successes.
f.     I will not rejoin the challenges that did not work for me in 2018.

6. I will decrease my thread stash
a.    I will not buy thread unless I am 100% out of a color the I need.
b.    I will make sure to look and find the right color in all the new thread containers.
c.    I will keep track of what I have used.

7. I will return to crocheting
a.    I will make snowball ornaments
b.    I will make angel ornaments
c.    I will work on the afghan using leftover yarn
d.    I will use my yarn stash before buying new yarn

MY WORD FOR 2019 is going to be FUN. I will have FUN doing the things that need to be done. I will find FUN activities for all of us.

No comments: