I'm working on getting the batting together for the next two quilts, so I decided to quilt Day Lily
I have a challenge with Learning QAL to learn some organic quilting
So, I did the one that looks like bark on Day Lily.
The back is actually black, but the flash washed it out.
You can see the organic quilting here.
I did lines with leaves on a mug rug from Simply Woven leftovers.
I did a square spiral on a mug rug from Simply Woven leftovers.
I can't say that I love this type of quilting. I like spirals more.
If you notice on Day Lily, I couldn't stand the gentle curves, and added in some spirals.
It quilts up fairly quickly, so that is a positive solution..
I think it has it's place and I'm glad I played with it.
i quilted a QOV and used an organic line with a "flame" in it.
I wanted something quick and organic quilting is a quicker process than some others.
2. Reorganize the studio - work on the floor & filing
Filed many receipts and bills while waiting on hold.
Organized the quilts I'm doing for others.
i have the spot in front of the window seat clear and it feels good.
There is still a big need to organize, but I'm doing better.
The replace container is empty and if i can get in the habit of putting stuff away after a project, it will not be such a huge task next time.
3.Work on baby clothing quilt
Sewed two more rows together. I'll keep working on this one. It takes about half an hour to pin the seams together.
This box is crazy full.
I seem to continue to add things to it.
I'll be working on this one box for the week.
a. The pillow case was full of music things - not mine, but DD's.
It is now in her room for her to go through.
b. I had some crafting mason jars and they are not in their place in the extra bedroom.
c. The PVC frames have a home on top of the cabinets.
d. The purse outside the box had more receipts, DD GS lifetime membership, checks and cash.
e. The blue box had many pieces of different items. All are with their other parts. I also donated an ott light that i'm not sure if it works or not and some craft supplies I'll never use.
f. The bottom of the bin had girl scout items in it and they are filed with my girl scout files.
g. Found Christmas cards that I normally make boxes from. They need to be gone through to make sure the addresses I have are correct, but then, I think I'll toss them.
I still have two small containers from that box that I need to go through.
I collapsed the crate and stored it, so I can't put more in it.
5. Finish binding day lilies
6. Western Sunset to top stage
top and backing made.
Just need to quilt it and bind it.
7. Bind second Simply Woven mug rug
8. Fall Post Cards
9. My Choice Post Cards
10. Cut apart Steele Shirts.
This will not be worked on until probably January, but I had time and decided to cut and get them in a smaller pile.
Thinking my shading on this one will need to be something other than black.
I think a dark charcoal might work better.
I'm also going to try (on another shirt) the terial magic spray instead of interfacing.
11. Cut apart Clemens Shirts
Been looking at the patterns and might have a good fit for the number of shirts.
The designs are all different sizes, so it is important to have a pattern that accommodates that.
25 September - 1 October 2017 1.Work on Irish Stars quilt-a-long
36 of 81 done
2. Reorganize the studio - work on cutting table & sewing machine counter
3.Work on baby clothing quilt
4. WITB - finish the two smaller containers. 5. Quilt Western Sunset 6. Quilt QOV 7. Quilt QOV 8. Quilt CIL 9. Work on Spring Jelly Roll