Monday, September 25, 2017

organic quilting

I'm working on getting the batting together for the next two quilts, so I decided to quilt Day Lily
I have a challenge with Learning QAL to learn some organic quilting
So, I did the one that looks like bark on Day Lily.
  

The back is actually black, but the flash washed it out.
You can see the organic quilting here.


I did lines with leaves on a mug rug from Simply Woven leftovers.

I did a square spiral on a mug rug from Simply Woven leftovers.

I can't say that I love this type of quilting. I like spirals more.
If you notice on Day Lily, I couldn't stand the gentle curves, and added in some spirals.
It quilts up fairly quickly, so that is a positive solution..

I think it has it's place and I'm glad I played with it.
i quilted a QOV and used an organic line with a "flame" in it.

I wanted something quick and organic quilting is a quicker process than some others.

This was an interesting trial.

1 comment:

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Mel, I'm glad that you got to try out the organic quilting. My quilting tends towards the organic as opposed to the more structured. Thanks for participating in the Learning QAL. I hope you'll join me in October. BTW you won the giveaway for September. I will email you with the details.