Monday, April 29, 2013

Design Wall Monday

OK, the horse quilt is not complete, but putting it back up on the design wall is way too much for me.  So, I have not started the rush for teacher quilts.  DD does not want them for ALL her teachers, but there are few special ones.  So, I'm using this UFO set of blocks.  I do have 6 more I could add, but I'm thinking I will leave them at this and maybe use the other 6 for another quilt with a different setting.
I will be strip piecing 6 different colors of patriotic fabrics to go between these stars.  The top row will be horizontal and the next row vertical, so the strips will form a border around the block.
now to pull the fabric for the strips.  I really need to figure out how much so I know if I have the right amount.  It might end up scrappy, depending on how much yardage I have.

Check out all the other design walls.

2 comments:

Judy D in AZ said...

Those star blocks are good "bones" for a R/W/B quilt. I look forward to seeing how you finish the betweens.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your wall!