Sunday, September 6, 2020

Stash Report #36

    quilt paint create links to all our stash reports. 


Used this Week:
2.32 yards

Used year to Date:
171.91 yards
Net Stash used in August
Net Stash used in September
16.92 yards
5.17 yards

Added this Week:
0.00 yards

Added Year to Date:
68.48 yards

New Goal:
200.00 yards

Yards to the goal:
58.68 yards

Net Used in 2020
141.32 yards

I had felt items that had been sitting around for a long time
I finished two of them and ended up using one as a bingo prize.

I had leftover embroidery when I made pillows for DD
I had digitized them and wanted to make sure they stitched out properly, so these were the stitch-outs.
I made them into pillows for dear friends.
I really love the organic quilting on pillows.
I love this little pincushion that I made completely in the embroidery machine.
Then, I had a Thanksgiving UFO and it turned out there were other embroidery in that bag that were not Thanksgiving themed.
This was the only Thanksgiving theme in that bag, so it became a pincushion.

I put up new (the old curtains from DD's apartment) into the sewing room.
I had white ones up and they were not helping with heat or color.
These are pretty and will help with the heat.
As I want to add light, I can open them like they are in this photo.
See the mess in front of the long arm?
That is from behind it.
I still need to go through everything before I find another home for it.
That back area is empty.
I like it that way, but I have no place to put all the items in the front.
I do have a round pillow I need to make that will use up some of the tiny pieces of fabric and batting.
DH said he would help me draw a circle on that fabric so I can get it made and reduce some of the clutter.
I need some ideas for using up batting leftovers.
So, in going through things, I have two packing barrels that movers used for my china.
They are great containers, but I don't seem to get into them.
I should find something that I don't use often to store in them.
I had stored tote bags in the china barrels and completely forgot about them.
I love my totes, but these were the ones that are a free advertisement for businesses.
DD and I went through them and only kept a few that were the size I like or were sentimental to her.
The phot above is showing all the bags in bags.
A friend has a place that will either use them or find a place for them.
Next time someone is going her way, I'll pass them on.
So, the China barrels are empty.
I will have a new space when I'm done with all the rearranging and cleaning.

A couple of other fun facts are:
Prairie Moon is doing a 350 block challenge:

Total Number of equivalent blocks:
790
Perimeter in inches:
78279
Number of UFOs finished this year:
UFO Yardage Used:
27
68.69
Percentage of yardage used in UFOs:
40%

Number of Bobbins Used this week:
4
Number of Bobbins Used this year:
111
Number of Spools Used this week:
1

Number of Spools Used this year:                
               20
Kate at Life in Pieces is doing the challenge of 15 minutes of sewing.


Days of Stitching:
99%

Number of Days this week:
7/7

Number of Days this year:
247/249




Days Organizing:
91%

Number of Days this week:
Number of Days this year:
7/7
227/249


Quilting is more fun than Housework has us working on scraps.
I have two more columns to sew together.
I spent most of the week sewing smaller items and cleaning.
I had to put this on hold to finish up some other things that had to be done.
The top rows are sewn together and I need to keep on sewing them together.

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Keeping the sewing room de cluttered is a problem for me...I have a very small room I use for my quilting..if one thing is out of place....well you get the picture. Have a great day!

chrisknits said...

I can clean a spot up and clutter it in minutes!! LOL

Miaismine said...

Clutter. UFOs. WIPs. Patterns. Fabric. Tools. Rulers. We have so much stuff! Yes, it is all part of our quilting life. And we love it all! :) Your finished projects are so cute! I love those felt projects!

Kate said...

That's a lot work to start going through all that stuff, but it sounds like you made really good progress. Congrats on all the pillows and pin cushions, it has to feel good to use up those odds and ends. All that plus you are making progress on two large quilts. An excellant week even if it doesn't feel that way.