Wednesday, September 30, 2020

2020 Challenges

   

January - #2 Fish Bowl
February - #9 Ashley's T-shirt quilt
I have them all cut out, but it seems as if we are missing some.
I'm on a hunt for shirts.
March - #7 Courthouse Steps
April - #1 Christmas Card Caddy
July - #5 Tree Geneology
August - #8 Arrowheads
September - #10 Yo yos
October - #6 Christmas Pieces

HCMQG
January - #9  Ashley T-shirt Quilt
See above
February - #Mount Rushmore
April #51 Cozy Days Lap Quilt
May - # 78 Harry Potter for Ashley
I doubt I will work on this one yet.
May - #167 Snowman
June - #35 Vacation Quilt
June - #14 T-shirt Quilt - Random from Carol
July - #19 A Heritage Quilt
July - #10 Bear from Mom's shirt
without eyes                                with eyes
August #3 Funk Feedsack pillow
August - #18 Karen's Hexagon Quilt
September - #36 Wool/felt Ornaments
September - Karen's Hexagon Quilt
October - #123 Mr. T
October - #153 Racoon Table Topper or Pillow

Stashbuster
January #6 6.5" 9 patches
January #66 Fish Bowl Quilt
February - #10 Adorn It
February - #99 Karen's Hexagon Quilt
March - #8 A Heritage Quilt
March - Map of Texas Lone Star State
April - #2 2019 Quilt Festival Shop Hop Quilt
April - #46 Christmas Pieces
April - #16 Bee-uti-ful Applique
I've been working on the pieces to prep them for the applique
May - #4 4-patches
May - #29 Brown Class Quilt
June - #1 - 1" HST
June - #60 - Equessense Embroidery
June - #101 Landscape
July - #3 3.5" 9 patches
July - #38 Chili Powder Quilt
August - #5 4.5" 9-patches
August - #51 Copper & Teal Quilt
September - #9 A Little Bit Shorter Tall Tree
September - #32 Camo Quilted Pieces
September - #132 Our Autumn Friends
October - #11 Arrowheads
October - #19 Bloom

The Color Challenge
September - Pink
October - Brown
Placemats, napkins, and coasters.
(see below)

Gift Giving
September -pillows
Given to dear friends (in the front)
 
Sunflower wedding gift.
The two placemats are the same color, but the photo didn't see that.
Postcard swaps
Towel for DD's downstairs guest bathroom

Read a Book
August
Harley Merlin and the Secret Coven by Bella Forrest
This is a mystical series where Harley (Smith) Merlin learns to use her powers.
They say this is an adult version of Harry Potter.
Harley Merlin and the Mystery Twins by Bella Forrest
Harley is finding out more about herself and other magical powers.
There's so much action and revelations in this book.
It is mystical, like Harry Potter.
Harley Merlin and the Stolen Magicals by Bella Forrest
There is so much we find out about Harley and the team in this book.
They have some magical kids missing, and they are on the hunt to bring them into the coven safely.

Patchwork Times Learn Something New
I had a piece fall out of the intermittent tension unit on my longarm. 👀
So, I had to replace it.
Well, DH replaced it for me.
Then, it wouldn't sew nicely without thread breakage.
As to be expected, that is a new piece, and the others are years older.
I called Lorena to come and help me.
We even cleaned the check spring tension area and I learned I need to replace the felt pieces in there.
We spent a few hours playing with it, but I am learning how to adjust the tension in the machine and adjust the bobbin instead of the upper tension.
You would think this would not be that much of a problem, but I'm scared of it.
I know I need to get over it.
I've quilted one quilt with the new process and am doing OK.
It's hard to learn something new, but it is good for the brain.
I'm learning how to use my TOWA gauge to make sure my bobbin is wound correctly.

August/September - Chili Powder Quilt
October - Arrowheads


2 comments:

Kimberly Smith said...

Exactly how many Meloneys are sewing and posting on this blog? How in the world do you get sew much done? I want to be like you, serious envy here. And best wishes, of course.

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.