Saturday, January 26, 2013

Long Arm quilting

I got the long arm to work well.  I quilted this cute little baby quilt for Sandy.  Not my creation, but it is sweet.  I added hearts to it
This is the one that was causing me trouble.  It is BIG!  Those flying geese are very large geese.
I was almost done when I had the machine problem.
So, I resewed the backing to get rid of the selvage.  I tried to sew the holes up, but I didn't like the way it looked, so I appliqued the pattern on the cur area.  Hopefully Sandy will be OK with what I did. 
 Sandy wanted loops, so I used a soft variegated thread that matches the border.

DONE 1. Applique block for class.


STARTED 2. Determine how I'm going to set these Jo's blocks. I might just need to make a couple of the Double Irish chain to see how it works. I'm really not sure, so I just need to do something. LOL I have planned out the double Irish chain. I will use the brown and blue variety of prints I have used in the blocks and some others. I will use the background fabric from the squares as the background on the double chain. I will use the 9" block from Jo's retreat as the center of the alternating block. When I run out of those blocks, I will use the background fabric or determine an easier block to use. I doubt I will make more of these blocks.

DONE 3. If Sandy brings me her quilts, start quilting them. Fix the flying geese quilt

DONE 4. quilt Sandy's baby quilt

5. Quilt red and gold quilt
On-GOING 6. Work on the tessellation quilt

DONE 7. De clutter at least one box

8. Work on tessellation

I find that if I keep myself accountable I get more done.  I really want to get the red and gold quilt done and then start on my Double Irish chain.

1 comment:

Ruth Ann said...

Wow you got lots done!
Love the applique block finish!