Friday, April 17, 2015

Stashbuster At Home Retreat Update

 1.   1. Load and quilt and bind a Love quilt – the love quilt is loaded and one pass is done.  Why did I choose such a dense pattern?  Oh yes, because it needed it.  I’ll just keep on working on it till it is done.

2.    Get the border on my black and bright UFO – I know that I’m going to do a black/bright/black border with 4-patches in the corners.  The bright is going to be scrappy.  I’m pulling those colors in my breaks.

3.    Finish the animal UFO –I sewed some of the rows together when I was piecing the backing for the Love Quilt

4.    Load Tammy’s Love Quilt

5.    Start the process for the Band T-shirt quilt – I pulled the band T-shirts.  I thought I had 4, but only have 3, so I will need to adjust my pattern a little.  I need the black and bright off the design wall before I can really focus on this one.

6.    Make 3 thread baskets – I cut the pieces for these.  They take a little concentration to get right.  Then it is some hand sewing.


      7.  Organization challenges – I looked at my rulers and I think they are OK the way they are.  I would like another holder to hold the larger rulers, but they fit in-between the two there OK.  If I can, I might take an inventory of them to know what I have for the specialty rulers.  I sometimes wonder why I have specialty rulers.  I don’t seem to use them as much as I thought I would.

1 comment:

Meloney said...

Almost made it across for the second pass. bobbin ran out and I'm tired, so I will work on it tomorrow.