Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 Challenges

  2020 Challenges

I was going to not join in this coming year, but I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
I'll be working on some of them during the year, but maybe not in the month they are picked.
I've only 2/10 for the year, less than 20%.
January - #2 Fish Bowl
February - #9 Ashley's T-shirt quilt
March - #7 Courthouse Steps
April - #1 Christmas Card Caddy
July - #5 Tree Geneology
August - #8 Arrowheads
September - #10 Yo-yos
October - #6 Christmas Pieces
December - #4 Orphan blocks

HCMQG
I picked two each month.
I think for 2021, I'm only going to pick one a month.
They are picked randomly off my UFO listing.
I will be in the GED challenge for 2021.
I finished 8/24, about 33%
January - #9  Ashley T-shirt Quilt
February - #Mount Rushmore
April #51 Cozy Days Lap Quilt
May - # 78 Harry Potter for Ashley
I doubt I will work on this one yet.
May - #167 Snowman
June - #35 Vacation Quilt
June - #14 T-shirt Quilt - Random from Carol
July - #19 A Heritage Quilt
August - #18 Karen's Hexagon Quilt
September - #36 Wool/felt Ornaments
October - #123 Mr. T
October - #153 Racoon Table Topper or Pillow
November - #38 Pill Bottle pincushion
November - #35 Vacation Quilt
December - #31 Wolf Pack Wilderness Experience
December - #16 Small Celebrations Lone Star State

Stashbuster
These are random numbers for a game on my Stashbuster's group.
They may or may not get done, but it is fun in the group.
I'll join in on this for 2021
I finished 16/36, about 44%.
January #66 Fish Bowl Quilt
February - #10 Adorn It
February - #99 Karen's Hexagon Quilt
March - #8 A Heritage Quilt
March - Map of Texas Lone Star State
April - #2 2019 Quilt Festival Shop Hop Quilt
April - #46 Christmas Pieces
April - #16 Bee-uti-ful Applique
May - #29 Brown Class Quilt
June - #1 - 1" HST
June - #60 - Equessense Embroidery
June - #101 Landscape
August - #52 Copper & Teal Quilt
September - #9 A little Bit Shorter Tall Tree
September - #32 Camo Quilted Pieces
September - #132 Our Autumn Friends
October - #11 Arrowheads
October - #19 Bloom
November - #54 Crazy Heart Paper Piecing
December - #202 Yo yos
December - #99 John Deer Pillow

The Color Challenge  
I do not believe I wish to do a color challenge, so I doubt I will join in here.
November - Black
December - wild colors

Gift Giving
I like the idea of giving a gift every month.
I did this 100%
I'll join in again if she does it for 2021
December
Cute little pincushion sent to Norway.
Lots of coasters.
Masks still being made.
Doggie bandanas made for a friend's daughter.
Towel Boa.
Dragon pillow for my son.

Read a Book
I love to read, so I'll continue with this for 2021.
For December, I've not read nearly as much.
I've been on the go more and DD was home for half the month.
December
With & Wizard The Gift by James Patterson
I enjoyed this for mindless reading.
I'm not sure where they are going with the plot.

Patchwork Times Learn Something New
This is something that challenged me to try new things.
I don't start new stuff because I'm afraid I won't be able to do it.
With the challenge, I have done more than I would have otherwise.
If she does it for 2021, I will join in.
December - Wearing Sclera contact lenses.
I know this is not quilting related and it might make my quilting a bit of a challenge to figure out readers and contacts.
It's to help with the dry eyes and they are comfortable.

This is a good challenge for me.
You get to pick what you want to work on at the beginning of the month.
It made me complete things that needed finishing.
I completed 11/12, about 92%. 
October - Arrowheads
December - T-shirt Quilt

No comments: