Sunday, February 25, 2024

Finished or Not Friday 2/23/2024

    "Finished or not Fridays" is new to me.

I just did a post (on Sunday) that shows what I finished.

I had lots of small items I did, but nothing big was finished.

I also have a peach and green quilt I need to cut more for more variety.
I am delaying on this one and have no idea why.

I have all the sashing and cornerstones cut and ready to sew together for my challenge quilt, and I sewed the first three columns together.
I didn't have enough fabric to do something fancy, but I think the fabric to the side might work for one of the borders.
I'll try to use up some of the bonus hst and some of the other fabrics in the quilt.

The test quilt is loaded and being quilted.
I can't show photos, and it isn't done yet.

I have a progressive quilt I started in January 2020.
I'm trying to lay it out.
We don't have patterns to follow, but we have 3 examples.
I'm trying my daughter's version, and I'm not 100% thrilled with the layout.
It is too big for my design wall, so it is on the floor in my front room.😃
Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome.
I think I am modifying one of the examples because I have 8 too many log cabin blocks, and I want to use them.
I believe I have enough of the darker blue to add to the border.

I have a Kimberly Einmo quilt named Arrowheads on the design wall.
I thought I had more of them done, but...
Anyway this was started at a Houston Quilt Festival in 2019?
I'd like to get this together sooner rather than later.
It is Christmas fabric, so I have a few months to finish it.

1 comment:

chrisknits said...

Wow, such striking projects!! I love the X layout and think you should use the extras to expand out.