Friday, August 13, 2021

Organization challenge

 Prairie Moon has another organizational challenge


Clean off your main work surface

This could be the cutting table, 
OR

Deal with your scraps

I would love to do this, but I need my kiddos to help me with my scrap drawers.
On Saturday, I know we (both son and daughter) are headed out to get a shirt for my son's wedding, so maybe after we do that they can do my scrap drawer wall.
But, since it is depended on others, I'm not sure.
The entire wall needs to have the containers replaced.
My husband bought me new containers for my birthday.
My kids are to help me move the fabric to the new containers and clean the area to restack them.
My desk is my workspace too, and I am in constant battle with the top being neat and clean.
If I would organize this so there is more open space, I would be happier.
Right now, all my medication and medical support items are on the desk and clutters it more.
My sewing machine area has problems too.
I am working to make sure nothing is to the left of the machine unless I'm sewing on it then.
I have a couple of pieces of fabric I need to cut sitting there.
I need to move it and cut it.
My cutting table is cluttered with projects I'm working on.
The coasters are in the white baskets, that is what the fabric by the sewing machine belongs to.
I'm making a tote and that is what the rest of the fabric is, waiting for me to finish sewing it together.
the one item on the cutting mat that I keep trying to remove is the red basket.
It collects items I am not sure where I'm going to put.
The other things are used almost daily.
My pressing table is not horrible.
I have more coaster-making items waiting to be used.
I tend to cut batting all at once and use it to make coasters from those pieces.
This is an ongoing project.
I just pulled out a project for a wedding quilt for my son.
It will be after the wedding, but I'll get it started.

I'll work on some of all of these areas and make them a little better.
Thanks, Shelly for posting this challenge.


3 comments:

Shelly said...

Great ideas, but don't overdo it, since you're still recovering. Plus, with a wedding coming up, you're plenty busy as it is!

deeinnebraska@gmail.com said...

Meloney, I 2nd Shelly's "don't over do it" comment. Put yourself first. That's easier said than done. If you can work with your horizontal surfaces don't stress over what someone else might think. Look's like you have a nice size room, even space for lobgarm ... I could be jealous. 😉

deeinnebraska@gmail.com said...

*longarm .... me and my fat fingers!