Thursday, April 30, 2009

Be careful what you ask for

Well, a friend, Marianne, decided to help me out with some of the fabrics I needed for my Mom's quilt and my DH's quilt. I think she went overboard. Look at what she sent me. I'm quilting a baby quilt for her and think I should do another one too.
Bow tie blocks that are the old way of making bow ties. I'll have to work on that process.
Pink and green strips, enough to pretty much make the whole quilt. I will need to get some more thangles because I need 1300 hst for Mom's quilt. It will be scrappy, so that will be fun to play with.
Then are the shirting fabrics for DH. He picked this quilt out, but I'm not sure he really likes it that much, so I think I will make it a bit different. Some stars in it.
And last, but not least, the QOV backing fabric.
This is a great help, but it does NOT help the stash busting at all. I am in the hole for 2 months in a row on stash busting. Makes me sad. But, when the quilts are completed, I think it will be OK.
I'm still getting in some ocean waves blocks from my birthday group. I think this is a fun way to add some spice to the quilt. My blocks were beginning to look allot alike. These have lots of different fabrics and only a few of my own. So, that is a fun process. I'm thinking I need to make a few more and make this a larger quilt. I really like it allot.

No comments: