Saturday, April 4, 2009

First Saturday Sew-in

Well, DD and I went to a sewing day with my small group.

Wanda had her granddaughter (she's a month older than my DD) over, so the girls had featherweights in the extra room, along with a TV. LOL They did a little sewing, a little TV watching, lots of talking, lots of eating, a walk to the park and some computer time. It was fun to see DD get along with another girl so well. My DD is one that gravitates to boys, so this is a change. A welcome one.

This is Lana's Texas apron. If you look at the pattern above it, you can see how it will turn out. I love the idea. She also worked on the donation quilt for the place we meet each month. I didn't get a photo of that one.

Here are the two girls eating and watching TV rather than sewing.
My DD un-sewing her pillow she is making.
This is my black and white butterfly quilt. It will have a thin black border, a thin white border and then a wider black border. Thinking to bind in black.
The birthday block for this month. It is also my birthday, and I can't wait to see what my blocks look like. I don't remember what fabric I sent or what block I asked for. So, it will be a big surprise for me.

Wanda made this disappearing 9-patch before today and did the quilting on it. She quilted these two Christmas trees too.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hope you get some pretty's for your b-day. Squishies from your quilty friends are the best.