Monday, October 29, 2018

Motivational Monday

21 - 27 October 2018

1. Clean off and put away items on a flat surface
This will be what it is until the bookshelf space is found by DD and I get the extra bedroom closet shelf reorganized. 
I still have two projects on the side of my cutting table, but the trash is taken out and I'm put all the fabric in the bin to be put away or put it away.
My pressing table was a mess!
It is now clear except for the baby clothing that needs to be stabilized.
I like having my diffuser on the table and adding some nice smells to the room.
All the stuff on the right is used almost daily.
I went through everything and what is left is the coaster batting cut and a couple pieces for a coaster.
I am going to use this basket to house the items I am working on and don't need to have near my cutting tables.
I did use them to make Halloween coasters this week.
There are still more left for Thanksgiving and Christmas coasters. :)
Everyone loves a coaster.
If you didn't see the coaster tutorial, you can find it here. 
I can't say I did much on this area.
I need to figure out that place to the right of the sewing machine.
I will never have an empty desk, but I can see wood and things look like I can find what I'm looking for.

2. Continue to stabilize baby clothing
Not much done, maybe only a couple of pieces.

3. WITB
This container is where all the cut off pieces and fabric that has not been used in a quilt or has been used and there is leftover pieces.
Inside that container was the container on the right.
It had little pieces - all scraps
 These are the scraps that came out of those two containers.
I do think I need to use up more white scraps.
Maybe it is time to make crumb blocks since there are smaller bits. 
You think it is empty, but what happens when you quilt?
It fills up again.
Guess I need to come up with a plan for weekly putting away of used fabrics.

4. Quilt Old Quilt

Had to make a backing. 
Why is that so difficult for me?
All the pieces are ready to sew together.

5. Bind Windowsill Wonder

28 October -3 November 2018


1. Clean or organize bookshelf.
2. Continue to stabilize baby clothing
Not much done, maybe only a couple of pieces.

3. WITB
4. Quilt old quilt

No comments: