Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back in the sewing room

Well, I did get to the sewing area again today.

I can't say I accomplished all that much, but I did get a gift done that was almost late. I made my first placemat puse, some coasters and a coffee cozy. I don't even think I used a 1/8 yard of fabric, but I was sewing and that counts. Hope she likes them.


I found another UFO that I'd forgot about and am going to use it for a baby quilt. I hope one of the 3 teachers is going to have a girl, because it is soft and girly. I have the backing fabric cut and ready to sew. So, the next step will be to load it and get it quilted.


I pulled out the Laurel Birch UFO that was a $5 block quilt that was from the place (Creative Sewing) that I really dislike going to. But, I have 4 12.5" blocks and 4 6.5" blocks that are done. I found some waste hst that can be used with it, and will make more of the 6.5" blocks. I think I can figure out how to get this done and ready to be quilted. If I'm careful, I think it could be either a boy or a girl quilt. I might have to rethink one of the other blocks that I thought about using (might be too pink)


So, I've been playing a bit, and it feels good.


I also did a little picking up -- not cleaning yet, but I organized some of the stuff. So much to still do.

No comments: