Monday, October 11, 2021

Design Wall Monday

   I'm linking to 

Small Quilts and Doll Quilts Design Wall Monday and Monday Making.

Years ago I made twins their own quilts from their own clothing.
Their favorite quilt was with 2" squares, so that is what we did with their quilts.
I had so much leftover and thought I'd make the Mom one with the boy and girl's clothing included.
I had 4-patches made with boy's clothing, so I'm adding the girls.
This is a 100-patch block.
I have one almost done and will add to them as I go along.

I'm slowly getting the T-shirts stabilized.
I don't like the stabilization process and I have had too make other things that HAD to be done before this.
I hope to focus on it next week.
This week is full of appointments and I will sew, but much less than normal.


5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Stabilizing is BORING! Try listening to a good audio book while stabilizing. It might keep your interest. 100 patch? Wow, that's a lot. Have fun getting those all done. I bet it's fun to see the various colors and fabrics though.

Sara said...

I like how your t-shirt sections are not all the same size or shape. This will be a fun quilt.

Kim said...

I don't envy you making quilts from T-shirt fabric. =) But, all those blocks on the wall make for a fabulous quilt. It will be filled with so many memories.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Both sound like challenging projects. Good luck with your goals.

Judy Hansen said...

You are making progress with the Tshirt quilt. I have never heard anyone say they loved to make them, so good for you for agreeing to make it. You will be glad when it is finished. The 100 patch block looks like a lot of fun, and to make it with the children’s clothing fabrics for the Mom awill make it special.