Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Guild charity quilts

Both of these are little charity quilts.
I was doing 4 a month, but that has slowed down since COVID.

I should be working on the items I was going to take on my personal retreat.
But, my DS got laid off from his job and I've been helping with lots of paperwork.
It's sad to see a child (man, he's 38) lose a job that he loved and didn't see it coming. :(
But, he is OK and he will be OK.
He has already applied for 3 jobs.
He has applied for unemployment to help with the expenses.
He has applied for food stamps.
Even if he doesn't get the food stamps, we will feed him.

Anyway, I have been working on other's projects.
That will make February a low month on fabric usage, but that is OK.

Now to get ready for the retreat with my larger guild.
It is the middle of March.
I need to decide what I'm taking because I have a couple of lists now.

 

1 comment:

Ivani said...

Good luck for your DS.
We are all living during very difficult times, but let's have hope for better days.
The 2 quilts are pretty and for a great cause, well done Mel.