Wednesday, August 12, 2020

This week

 This has been "one of those" weeks.

DH got a toothache and went in to find out the tooth needed to be pulled.

He had umpteen appointments and had surgery this morning to get rid of the tooth and prepare it for an implant.

In between all that, the A/C in the car is getting worse.

DH took it back to Toyota who has told us there aren't any problems.

Really? It doesn't cool, oh, so your A/Cs don't cool, so when it doesn't cool, there isn't a problem.

Yep, I was a bit irate.

Then, he took it to two different garages and got estimates.

Toyota - over $2500 and who knows is they are capable of making it work?

One garage, around $2000, and they are dependable, but not sure about Toyotas.

Third garage, they work on Foreign Cars, the estimate is just a tad over $1000 and a friend has had great service from these folks.

We have an appointment tomorrow morning to get my A/C fixed.

Since it is 100 degrees out right now, I NEED my A/C if I'm going anywhere!

So, now that I'm off that rant, I've only have a bit of time to be in studio.

One day DD and I cleaned the shelves up above the windows because they won't let me climb on a ladder

This is above a side window where I have Jo Morton fabric saved and a few projects, along with lots of small batting pieces.

My back wall is a wall of windows and is behind the long arm.
There isn't a good way to get a photo.


As you can see, it is a long window.
I did buy some bookends to add up there in hopes of the books staying in place.
DD did a good job of organizing things.

This is at the top of my stairs leading into the studio.
I have a window seat under this shelf.
Most of the pincushions here are from the swaps through Bea.

Diesel has a new friend, Pi. 
I can't wait to see if these fit him.
He likes purple and blue.
I now have two puppies to make bandanas for.

This is the third T-shirt quilt.
I like the blue sashing and borders on it.

The only T-shirt quilt I need to finish is my own daughter's.
I should take the shirts down and finish cutting them apart.

So, yes, I've been doing things in the studio, but have not been able to finish off and get on-line to write about it.

Now, I need to get the swap blocks sewn together and work on the class sashing.



No comments: