Sunday, August 30, 2020

Stash Report #35

   quilt paint create links to all our stash reports. 



Used this Week:
11.16 yards

Used year to Date:
169.59 yards
Net Stash used in August
15.68 yards

Added this Week:
0.00 yards

Added Year to Date:
62.23 yards

New Goal:
200.00 yards

Yards to the goal:
54.75 yards

Net Used in 2020
145.25 yards

I made large pillows for my DD and her roommates.

This is the September Wall Hanging I couldn't resist.


It was mask making time again.





A couple of other fun facts are:
Prairie Moon is doing a 350 block challenge:

Total Number of equivalent blocks:
777
Perimeter in inches:
77773
Number of UFOs finished this year:
UFO Yardage Used:
25
68.34
Percentage of yardage used in UFOs:
40%

Number of Bobbins Used this week:
5
Number of Bobbins Used this year:
107
Number of Spools Used this week:
 1

Number of Spools Used this year:                
20


Kate at Life in Pieces is doing the challenge of 15 minutes of sewing.
I had time in the studio, but some of it was intense cleaning and moving to add in a new bookcase.
This area was getting cluttered and I couldn't find what I needed.
There is still a need to work on the area under the pressing table, but the shelf to the right is double deep.
That is what I wanted.
I wanted bins I could store the things I'm in the process of working through.
They are filled, but not full.
Now, I am working on a way to know what is in each container so I don't have to search.
I have an idea but need to get to the store to buy something.


Days of Stitching:
99%

Number of Days this week:
7/7

Number of Days this year:
240/242




Days Organizing:
91%

Number of Days this week:
Number of Days this year:
7/7
220/242


Quilting is more fun than Housework has us working on scraps.

All I seem to be doing is working with scraps.
Does that mean my scraps drawers and bins are being reduced?
I'm not so sure.
I have all the blocks made.
I need to sew them together.

I had to put this on hold to finish up some other things that had to be done.
The top rows are sewn together and I need to keep on sewing them together.



4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great pillows for the roommates and I can see why you couldn't resist that wall hanging! Here's hoping your new storage system will work for you. Of course, your baskets and bins of scraps aren't emptying with the making of that quilt on the design wall. You're just busy making SMALLER scraps!! :o))

Bonnie said...

Yes, the pillows are great. Do you buy pillow forms or ? I'm eventually going to make a couple for the couch in the studio -- the ones there are way too fat! I agree that even using our scraps doesn't seem to be making much of a dent. Sigh. I'm getting a bit more ruthless on what I save. I was happy to see I'm not the only one with bags of fabric under things. I have way too many boxes/bags of fabric under my long arm. One of these days I will go through and try to consolidate some. Have a great week.

Kate said...

Lots of fun and pretty stuff going on in your sewing room. Well the organizing probably isn't fun, but it will be so much easier to work after the reorg that it's definitely worth it. Happy stitching this week.

Miaismine said...

Pretty pineapple quilt! Lovely pillows as well! Yes, I agree with Katie, I would rather be sewing than organizing! However, I get so much more accomplished when I'm organized. Those bins are a pretty pop of color! Take good care!