Sunday, April 26, 2020

Update

I"ve not been very good at updating what I'm working on.
Like many of us are doing, I'm making masks.
These are to help a student at the High School my daughter went to with an IB program project.
He wanted to make masks for a nursing home.
He asked them how many they needed and they told him 55.
He said he only had supplies for 20.
He asked me if I would make 10.
So instead of just the 10, I made the 45 so he would have enough.
I need to find out how many he would need because I'm not sure if he is making 10 or 20.

Then, I changed modes and after staring at the Meme's Garden by Gyleen Fitzgerald from my Houston Quilt Festival class, I decided I was not thrilled with my choices for the flowers. I have another set of fabrics I think I might like better.
I also needed some placemats for DD's apartment for May.
May flowers sounds good to me.
so, I made the individual flowers (I had made 3) into placemats.
I will be making two for a couple I love, so the third will go to them.
I still need to make one more flower and then I can put the 4 placemats together.
I was worried that I would forget about how to do the wonderful no Y seam process, but with the instructions I had and muscle memory, I made one already.
I cut the other two out and will work on them today.


No comments: