Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Learning Quilt a Long


Andree at quilt learning combo has a learning challenge going on monthly.
It has caused me to think about things I's like to learn and holds me accountable.

I wanted to work with the African Fabric and follow the design like a whole cloth quilt.
This might have been a mistake.

Well, the things I learned about myself.
1. I don't like the tiny detailed quilting on the long arm.
2. I like speed and overall quilting
3. I would need to do this for a long time to have the tiny motor control needed.
4. Straight lines are easier to do when you keep the machine against the ruler. :)
5. I don't mind short straight lines.
6. It is hard on the hands
7. I needed to have a plan before I started.
  

it is impossible to get a photo of how I'm stitching it because I'm using a burgundy color on this cloth.
Many straight lines.
Some fills in certain areas.

1 comment:

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Mel, I can imagine that it can't be easy to quilt tiny spaces on a longarm. I'm sorry that it didn't go so well, but now you know. I hope that you'll show us a picture of your quilting once it's done (maybe from the back?). I'm thrilled that you were able to join me on our learning adventure.