Thursday, January 6, 2022

Just Get it Done Quilt Declutter

I just found this great group on Facebook called 

Declutter Challenge 2022 - Just Get It Done Quilts .

It has been going on for six days, but can be easily caught up.

DONE Day 1 - Garbage

Because of the holiday, this was a problem for me that I took care of on 1 January 2022.

She includes the following in the garbage area.

Boxes

The Obvious - anything you don't need.

Containers, even the pretty ones.

Papers

If you think you will need it, then take a photo or scan it.

Dig Out Your Sewing Machine

I consider this one done for me.

DONE Day 2 - Squatters

This is where you take everything out that doesn't belong in your studio.

I actually did this with all the Christmas decorations and wrapping paper, etc.

They suggest doing this 30 minutes at a time.

I count this one done for me.

Take a moment to clean your sewing machine.

Day 3 - Magazines

I have containers with magazines in them that I've not looked at in years.

I need to evaluate if I want to keep them and then what to do with them.

Day 4 - Book Collection

Books are always an issue with me.

I did go through them a few years ago and culled them down to below 50%.

I think it is time to try again and see what I can do to reduce the amount I have.

They all fit where I have allocated for them, but it can't hurt to look them over again.

Day 5 - Patterns

This is a difficult one.

I know I have some binders with lots of patterns in them.

I will go through those and toss what I don't need anymore.

I am not out of space for these, but why get there if I can declutter some now?

Day 6 - Archives

This day you need to look at those memories and see if they still need a place in your studio.

I did this with those pens you buy with the place's photograph on it.

They are now no longer in my space.

I'm sure there are more things.

I can think of the fabric postcards.

I will need to evaluate that and decide what to do with them.

Day 7 - Catch-Up Day

No comments: