Thursday, October 15, 2020

Change of plans

 I knew I needed to go with DD to get her ID card.

I knew I needed to return some Amazon items.

I knew we needed to vote.

I knew we would want to eat something.

I knew I wanted to sew on my Snowflake Star pattern.

Well, last night I only slept 4 hours because Cedar season is beginning.

If you don't live in Texas or around cedar trees, you have probably never seen them smoke.

Here's a video about the pollen being dispersed by the lovely cedar tree.

No, it isn't that bad yet, but I am feeling it already.

So, all that to say I'm tired, really tired.

But, we did get the ID card, we voted, we ate, and we returned the Amazon items at Kohl's department store.

Did you know that they give you a 25% off your purchases for returning items to Amazon at their store?

I didn't, but DD and I took advantage of the discount.

We did some Christmas shopping.

I'm happy about that, but I am tired.

Now I need to wrap them so I can hide them. LOL

We ate at the Hon Machi Korean BBQ in Live Oak, TX.

YUMMY!

We spent a couple of hours there cooking our food and enjoying ourselves.

As soon as DD left, I tried to take a nap, but the phone wouldn't let me.

When I got up, DH asked me to make him a pouch for some new hunting headphones.

I'd never made a zippered pocket in a bag before, but I found youtube on it.

This is the best one I found from Professor Pincushion.

The bag is done and it fits the headphones.
I think I could have made it about an inch wider, but it works.
See the headphones work well.     The pocket was for the earplugs.
Overall, I'm happy with the finished product.

I"m too tired to sew the snowflake star pattern.
Maybe tomorrow.
I'll be home alone. 👍😁





No comments: