Sunday, June 14, 2020

Stash Report #24

quilt paint create links to all our stash reports.
I made a flamingo pillow
and two book covers


Used this Week:
1.65 yards

Used year to Date:
102.69 yards
Net Stash used in June
2.73 yards

Added this Week:
0.00 yards

Added Year to Date:
30.81 yards

New Goal:
200.00 yards

Yards to the goal:
105.93 yards

Net Used in 2020
94.07 yards

A couple of other fun facts are:
Prairie Moon is doing a 350 blocks challenge:
Total Number of equivalent blocks:
507
Perimeter in inches:
31156
Number of UFOs finished this year:
UFO Yardage Used:
19
44.80
Percentage of yardage used in UFOs:
44%

Number of Bobbins Used this week:
2
Number of Bobbins Used this year:
77
Number of Spools Used this week:
 0

Number of Spools Used this year:                
15

Kate at Life in Pieces is doing the challenge of 15 minutes of sewing.

Days of Stitching:
99%

Number of Days this week:
7/7

Number of Days this year:
164/165




Days Organizing:
87%

Number of Days this week:
5/7

Number of Days this year:
144/165

Quilting is more fun than Housework has us working on scraps.

Gyleen Fitzgerald has some fun things happening on Facebook. 
One of them is a COVID Woven class.
I've cut for 10 blocks.
I think we need 50 to get the size she is making.
These are 100% out of my scrap drawers.
I'm also working on some pineapple blocks, but I am just at the cutting stage of my string containers.
I would like to get a few more cut so I have a variety before I start.
I think I"m almost ready to make a couple of these.
Her challenge is to make one a day.
Today is the 14th, so I need to make a few and get caught up.
It would have helped if I had been with my stash when this started. :)
I cut some while on vacation, but ended up cutting them at 1" instead of 1.5" :(

I'm hoping that some of this will result in fewer scraps.
Only time will tell
I'm also working on a Light Speed Quilt.
I love how this came together, it was based on the Shenandoah colors.
The pattern ends here, but it is for folks that I think they would rather have it framed.
I think I'll be adding a gold/mustard yellow tiny border and a burgundy larger border.
I think the size will work better too.
I was having trouble finding enough large pieces in these colors without duplicating them, so I went with a smaller size.

I used scraps to make the test block I was working on for Midnight Stargazer with my green scraps.
We are still working out some kinks in the pattern, but I'll be making a few more with my green scraps to finish off the ones needed.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love the pink flamingo pillow..have a great day!

Kate said...

You have some really fun projects in the works. The flamingo pillow is really cool. The Light Speed quilt is really colorful and your color choices for the border should really pull out some of those colors. Another good week on the stitching front. Hope this week is as well.