Monday, June 15, 2020

Design Wall Monday

I'm linking to Small Quilts Doll Quilt's Design Wall Monday and Monday Makings.

It's been a long time since I posted on Design Wall Mondays.


I have lots going on here.
The one little block is from Trash to Treasure pineapple quilts by Gyleen X. Fitzgerald.
I'm using scraps from my numerous scrap drawers and the string bins.
It takes a bit to cut all the pieces, but I'll have fun doing it.
I'm cutting the 1.5" strips from anything else I'm doing and adding to the pile.
At some point, I'll have plenty of strips.
I have a container of boxes that will hold them while I work on the blocks.
I think this will be a long term project.
There is a challenge to make a block a month.
I'm behind, but I was not home to do it, so I'm OK with working to catch up.


My other design wall has a T-shirt quilt I'm trying to figure out how to make larger.
They want it queen-sized and there are not enough shirts.
Since the shirts are already trimmed, I'll need to add to them.




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Gylene is a wonderful speaker and teacher. I used to live in MD which is either where she lives or pretty close as the guild has had her come several times. I've never done her pineapple quilt but I've quilted several of them. I still quilt a few quilts a year for the guild there (and have maintained my membership.) One of the gals loves to make the pineapple quilts. She donates them to the guild's charity work. I've made exactly one pineapple quilt using paper piecing method. Never again! Regarding the t shirt quilt -- maybe some big sashing? Then add a border that will be the "fall" of the quilt? (ie hang down the sides of the bed?) Or you can throw some pieced blocks in to make up a better size? Is this a commission? Have the folks got any more shirts? Or do they have opinions on how to enlarge? You could also sash (with a reasonable size sashing) and then do a series of borders to add to the total size of the quilt. I've got a few t shirt quilts to do. One a commission. The second one my son dropped off two bags of t shirts with the hope I'd make a quilt or two after I made a quilt for my son-in-law. Son will wait a long time to see the quilt too. Take care.