Friday, December 20, 2019

Goals

My 2019 goals

Improve my health
I'd like to say I did this, but within the last 3 months, I've made a big backward turn.
I have stopped working on my exercise :(
I've been eating wheat and sugar more :(
I've stopped the things I was doing to make a difference, but I am starting again.
Sugar is the worst this time of year.

✔More organized
I have gone through the cabinets and passed on many of the crafting items.
I  have many spots in my studio and house that have been sorted and organized.
The under part of the long arm is more open.
I can't say I am done, and I could do my filing better, but I am lighter in 2019 than I was in 2018.

Learn more digitizing
Not done this one much at all.

✔Work on long arm more
I have tried new things, but would still like to learn more.

✔Learn Embroidery Machine
I still consider myself a novice, but I've had fun with this machine this year.

✔Decrease Fabric Stash
My stash has changed by over 400 yards
I used over 261 yards in quilts
I gifted 218 yards to others
I can actually say that there are a few holes in my stash.
My reds and true whites are missing.
What that means is I will have to buy some in 2020 when I have quilts that need those colors.

Decrease Thread Stash
I've used 27 spools of thread, but I've also had to buy a few this year.
I could still work on this one.

Start Crocheting again
I have been doing this when I didn't have a quilt to bind.
I made a number of scarves
I've tried some new stitches
I taught DD to crochet because of her seeing what I was doing.

So, what does 2020 have in store for my Goals?

2020 Goals

Improve my health by eating and drinking better
Continue organizing my studio and home
Practice digitizing
Learn new designs for Longarming
Make more items with my embroidery machine
Continue to use my Fabric Stash
Decrease Thread stash by 30 spools
Work to control paper clutter on a monthly basis
Decorate for each holiday








4 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Those are all good goals. I am sure that next year will find you more accomplished than this year!

Liz Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz Morgan said...

I love these goals of yours! I am going to have to come up with a list of my own. I hope to have my blog launched by the New Year. I am calling it Life, Faith & Quilts (https://lifefaithandquilts.com/).

Liz

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on achieving your goals for 2020!