Saturday, August 31, 2019

Long Weekend plans

My long weekend plans were going to start yesterday, but I was called by a friend and we went gallivanting around.
We had lots of fun!

Had lunch at the Gristmill.
This was our view.
We saw and heard folks floating on the river.
The day was pleasant and we had a very enjoyable lunch and visit.
Thank you, Lorena for calling.

We then headed to the Cactus Queen Quilt Shop.

I bought some fabric for DD's apartment items.
It's the gold and burgundy on the left.
Burgundy and gold are difficult to find, so it's good to snatch some up.
I don't know what I want to do with the butterflies yet, but it is beautiful, and I had to have some.

So, I would like to spend today quilting some of the items I need to get done.
I know I won't get them all quilted, but I think I'd like to end the month finishing the quilting on some of them.

This is my list of quilts that need quilting:
1. Test quilt
2. CIL
3. CIL
4. guild charity quilt
5. guild charity quilt
6. guild charity quilt
7. guild charity quilt
8. Habitat for Humanity
9. Habitat for Humanity

Guess I'm having a quilting marathon.

I'll be headed out of town on the 8th, so I'd like to have these done before then.

I'll probably also do something like sew the plastic bag holder and maybe figure out a place-mat or two to make for the apartment.

I like to space the sewing and the long arming out to save my shoulders.

So, what are you working on this weekend?

1 comment:

QuiltGram said...

Good Morning. Sounds like you had a fun day and I agree, its difficult to find those two colors. My weekend sounds similar to yours. I need to sandwich a quilt and get it quilted before the 12th for a great grandson’s first birthday. It will take me a little longer than you as I quilt on my Bernita 160 which is the version WITHOUT the longer throat area. I have worked myself up to being able to quilt up to a 90 inch quilt as long as I am careful with the design that I chose to use. Best of all, this quilt turned out to be absolutely gorgeous so will be a joy to machine quilt. Then I need to get back to my husbands quilt. All that is needed for his is to lay out the squares for placement and sew the top together. Then on to the quilting. Enjoy your weekend.