Sunday, July 7, 2013

Liz UFO #7 (June)

Remember the 30's bulls-eye blocks I needed to do something with for Liz's challenge?  Not enough to make a full quilt top, so I started adding in other blocks.  OK, I really think I should have added some applique to this, but I did not like it enough to add that amount of time.  I quilted in each section of the bulls-eye circles and then meandered around the rest for an over all design.  To make it more scrappy, I used up the partial bobbins in this one.  I had so many in colors I don't use often that this was a good one to play with them on.  I'm sure this will go to someone that will use it for a small cover up, and it will be loved by someone.  Will see if I like the fraying after I wash it.
As I was looking for red binding, what did I find?  More circles already cut out.  Maybe a pillow or two are in the works for a future date.

It looks like I have the UFO #2 to do this month.  That is a Christmas Alphbet UFO.

I am also working on the red and black table cloth quilt that was our May UFO.  It is quilted and needs binding.

There will be something to report this next Sunday!!!!

No comments: