Thursday, April 24, 2008

I sewed today!

It does feel good to do some sewing. I am still worn out, but I finished a purse I was making from scraps. I hope it is OK.
The front. The back. I used 2.5" squares and 6.5" squares for the prairie points.

I had my red hat group on Wed, and this is our group for the month. :) I'm on the back left and my Mom is on the front left. We had fun. Crazy ladies, lots of sisters. The lady, Mary, in the front middle is the Mom of 4 of the ladies -- all the pink hatters and then the red hat lady in the back to her right. What fun.

I also did some embroidery work today. Thank you, Vicki, for helping with the digitizing of things. This is for a Girl Scout quilt for our Service Unit Director. I have twice as many squares still out for signing. They should be signed this weekend and then I'll put it together. It will just be a wall hanging, so it won't be too difficult. I'm not sure how I want to quilt it yet. I don't particularly like quilting signature quilts, but....

I got my postcards made that I've been playing with for a month. Not my best, but I think they will have to do.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

It feels really good to get behind the sewing machine doesn't it?

RHAM said...

You ladies look wonderful! Keep spreading the word and good luck with your sewing adventures!

Queen Diva Dishberry

Sonja Threadgill Nelson said...

Mel,
I got mine Sat. It's just lovely! Thankyou so much.