Monday, July 26, 2021

Vacation

 I was gone on vacation until Saturday evening.

It was a beautiful place at Lake Conroe, TX.

I'm still recovering, so it was difficult at times for me.

But we had fun. DD and DH went fishing while I sewed.

They explored, and we went out to eat once.

I was allowed to wander through Wal-Mart, and there was a new Quilt Shop.

While we were driving by, we saw a sign, "Quilt Shop," and DH stopped on the way back to Lake Conroe.

That was my day out, and I was exhausted when we got home.

This will be a "family tree" using my parent's closing as leaves.
I've been working on this, or more like putting this away, for many years.

 
This is a crochet pouch with a loop embroidery stitch on the zipper to start it.
The hardest part is the beginning stitch on the zipper.
I made two on vacation.

I also started crocheting Santa belly ornaments
I don't have one finished, so I don't have a photo.
The link above shows the finished ornament.

 

 
I had embroidery stitch-outs.
This is another long-ago UFO.
I didn't know what to do with them.
I decided to use them as postcards.
I finished up the postcards while at Lake Conroe.

This is my sewing area.
There were other places to eat in the apartment, and my family is generous in letting me take over this space.
I had 1.5 design walls. 
The one on the right was half a design wall for little things.
It was very useful.

Carol moved and left me some of her UFOs.
These were 5" squares of Christmas fabric.
I love these little quilts for cuddle quilts at Christmas.
This is probably going to my son.

This was all paper pieced.
Some of the angles were very weird.
But, I finally (after 4 years) got this one together.
I think I might just quilt it on the DSM.

Carol left this wonky flower.
There was a portion of the orange and purples with it.
I had some batik fabric that I used to make the pieces large enough to frame the flower.
I'll quilt this on the DSM.

This Sunbonnet Sue is an older quilt.
I just did the binding on it for Habitat for Humanity.

This 10-minute table runner is 54" long.
It took me more than 10 minutes.
I had trouble with the points.
I'm blaming it on the COVID brain. LOL

I also worked on my guild mystery.
I trimmed all the HST but found out I need about 30 more.
Why didn't I count right?
I was hoping they would be here when I got back, but they are not.
So, that is a chore to make more HST and trim them.

It was a productive vacation with lots of fun time with the family.

Hopefully, I will be posting more regularly.
Sharing the computer is tough. LOL

No comments: