Sunday, December 8, 2013

Small quilt group day

Today was quilting with my small group.  This was on my design wall for ages, and I am still working on the QST.  I need 8 more to start putting this together.  Today we talked about the border and I think I will finish off the square so they look finished.  That will add a special touch.  I don't know yet what I'm going to do with the rest, but it is closer to being done.
I started putting this bonus HST block together.  This is what was on my design curtains.  I have other sizes of HST to put together into the blocks to finish this off.  It is a very long term project.
My next project was to make bowl microwave pot holders for gifts.  I needed 5, but the 6 were cut, so I have an extra for one of those quick gifts that come up over the holiday time.
 A friend was making purses and this is her first attempt at putting one together.  I think she called this a sugar skull purse.  Not sure I understand, but she finished it today.
It was a good day.  I was worn out when I got home, but cooked dinner and then watched a couple of Christmas movies with DH.

No comments: