Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Photos

No sewing done today.

It was field day at DD's school, so I helped out with that. Learned a new game -- Newcomb. Volleyball with a twist.

Then, we had to go shopping for shoes.

After that I came home and put together a dog outfit for DD's play tomorrow. She was a kangaroo and now is a spotted dog. LOL
But, these are the quilts I finished yesterday.
This is an old UFO. They were swap blocks I didn't know what to do with. DD wanted her teacher to have a yellow and green quilt and picked these blocks. I always start with my UFO cabinet to see if anything I've already started can be used for a gift. I had to make one more block to finish off the quit. The batik was just not very appealing to me, so I used the yellow sashing to brighten it some. It became larger than I expected, but i used all the green swap blocks. :) This is the label DD "wrote"
Hidden wells. Fun project and looks much more complicated than it is. Here is the label DD "wrote"

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Cool quilts and labels. UFOs are always useful and if you're like me...most of my UFOs are in the same color ranges of my stash.

kathyinozarks said...

very nice Mel, and ufos finished too-lucky teachers-