Saturday, January 5, 2008

QOV #56 quilted

I got the quilt loaded and quilted vines with leaves all over in a random pattern.



I now have 2 more from the same lady. She does incredible piecing. You never have to worry about things being flat.


I think I know what I want to do on this one. I think I'll do a meander with the geometic design as a basic pattern. Well, I changed my mind on the design - this happens all too often. LOL I found a template by EZ quilts (I think that is who made these) and decided to use it. I've only done 4 of the blocks and 2 half blocks, so it is not a quick process. I think I figured out there are 24 blocks and 4 half blocks to do. This is all for tonight. Time to call it a night.

But this third one is baffling me. I am not one to do feathers yet, so I don't want to attempt that at this point. The border has some butterflies, but Ithink that centering them would not work well, so they would need to be random around the quilt. Then, I think about duplicating the pieced block in the solid blocks. But, I'm not sure that is a doable task. Any suggestions?

No comments: