Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's been a long time

This is the little Wilford Hall Medical Center Quilts for those Moms that don't get to bring their babies home.  I'm using the String blocks from Heartstrings to do the center and then border with a kid friendly print

These are for one of my few Birthday block swaps.  Fall colors are so pretty.  I enjoy the contrast on the dark one too. 

This baby quilt was another UFO that a friend gifted me with.  I did use up 4 of the leftover blocks from Carolina Crossroads.  I love this one.  It was a gift for DD's Math teacher that delivered in October.

This is not a quilty one, but is for DD's Science teacher that is on bed rest and due in late November.

 I quilted these for my friend Tammy.  They were used to raise money for her school.
DD as Venus for Halloween.  Notice the bag I got from Houston Market. 

These are the projects for Jo's Club.  I still have one more to put the top together.  I then need to work on the current one.  Of course, these need to be quilted and bound too.


I embroidered these for teachers at DD's school  I actually made 8 more than this, but didn't take the photo.  Aren't they pretty?  The striped towels were difficult to find the right thread for.  Then, I ran out of 3 different spools of yellow.  :)  It was a fun time, since it was the first time I had the machine on since August. 

So, I have been doing a few things, but not as many as normal.  I hope to change that and post more often.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Veterans Day!

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

mel, i absolutely LOVE your little embroidered towels, what terrific gifts! a lot of work too, which i bet were received well...