Well, I didn't get the top finished, but mainly because I was cleaning my studio. the cleaning bug hit, and you really have to take advantage of it when it does. So, I am able to see my floor. Fabric is put away that I am not using right now. Projects I thought I'd work on and didn't are back in the UFO cabinet. Carpet has been vacuumed. Still some things to work on, but life is good.
I worked on this top while I was cleaning. This photo has 4 missing blocks, but I made them yesterday and sewed all the columns together and am working on the rows now. I have 4 more rows to go and it is a top. I love the slanted star pattern, and really like the way black makes the colors pop.
If I'm lucky, I'll finish this top this week and get it mailed to the recipient. That would make me feel good. I still need to figure out the backing for it. It is larger than I thought it was going to be, so I need to rethink that.