Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Boxing Day

Well, I knew not to go into the stores today, so our quilting group got together at Ina's house and had a wonderful day. I am blessed to have found this group and love being with them. They are going on another retreat on New Years Day. I don't want to leave the family because it is a special time for us, so they are leaving me home. I know they will be having a great time.
DH gave me the gift of a big board for Christmas. This piece of furniture he found and then built the top for it. We are going tomorrow to get the silver fabric and put the batting on it. I need to find the place for the iron to go on the edge of the wood. DH also got me a Rowenta iron to go with it. What a guy!
If finished the birthday block I needed to do for December. It got lost in my sewing room, and I found it while wrapping presents.
I needed to add some to the backing that was sent for the love quilt. I wanted to make the top a little larger, so I added the extra borders to make loading the quilt a little easier.
This is the Burger Queen Mystery that I started earlier this year. I finally pulled it out and finished the top. I was not happy with the center without the borders. I thought it was too small and didn't appeal to my tastes. Ina showed us some of her tops that she needs to get quilted and I loved this border arrangement. I had extra yellow and lots of blue scraps, so I finished it up. I like the end results. The blue border set the center off. This will be another love quilt that I hope to get done by Monday.
When I got home, I finished up this JOY door hanger. Isn't it cute? Wanda used left over pieces to make this baby quilt center.
Wanda got this pinwheel quilt from someone that didn't want to finish it. Not my colors, but I like the result. She finished the top and then found some border fabric. Ina had the green for the inner border.
Here is the finished top. How beautiful is that???
Lana was working on this Christmas quilt and got the center put together. She plans to get the borders on this weekend.
Ina was making this beautiful blue and white quilt. I love this block. Lots of bias edges. Here are more of the blocks she finished.
This was a very productive day and very enjoyable.

No comments: