Monday, August 1, 2016

UFO Challenges

I'm in  number of UFO Challenges

2016 Prairie Moon Procrastination Challenge, 2016 Sampler Society UFO listing, Stashbuster Numbers Game, All People Quilt UFO Challenge, & OMG 2016 List.

The things I have finished are:

January #7 2016 Band T-shirt Quilt
June#11 Race Track Quilt
May #3 Zippered Pouches
March #2 Pieced Tulips & 122. Pieced Hearts (with cats and tulips)
Jan/Feb Sun kissed table runner #1
#51 Fall Table Runner
#39 Crazy Stars,
#3 Ann's 2006 NYE Mystery
#4 Dolphin Pillow
#21 Children's book - Tidings
#11 Batik and Black Split QST
#16 Bright Pinwheels (needs to be quilted)
#2 America the Beautiful Purse
#33 Color Wash by Carol
#41 Dazzle
#12 Black embroidered butterfly
#23 Children's book - Maisy
January 2. Pink Strip Quilt
February 5. Green and Purple 9 patch
June 10. Batman Pillow
March 3. Tulips & cats & Cat Swap
January 5. Christmas Tree Applique
February 2. Buffalo Tote
March 9. Kim's pillow
April 8. Olivia Baby Quilt
May 3. Casserole Cover
July 11. Tulip Trio Pillow

I feel good that I've done so many things.

Then there are the things still being worked on:

February #1 Western Sunset
April #4 Spring Jelly Roll
July #6 Sea Quilt
August #12 Patriotic Race Track
Mar/Apr Jo's Club retreat teal and brown
May/Jun Maze or Mahjong
Jul/Aug Under the Sea 
February #7 Applique Turtles (Not going to do this now)
May #53 Fancy Fox
July #6 Applique Pixie Garden
August #5 Ann's Snowball
#47 Fall Panel
April 1. Misc Fall Blocks (Gypsy Wife)
May 7. Misc Dark Blocks
July 4. Purple Triangle in a Square
August 6. Misc patriotic
June 7. Girl Scout drawn patriotic wall hanging
August 12. Wall hangings - patriotic

Not so happy about not completing them, but other things have been done too. So, they might still be on the list and as I happen to get to them, I will accomplish them.

The things not yet picked include:

#5 Map of Texas - Lone Star State
#8 Hawaiian applique
#9 Christmas Squares
#10 Mount Rushmore
Charm Square tote bags (2)
Hummingbird blocks
8. QBS Challenge
9. Green & Brown Woven Border
11. Christmas HST blocks
12. Christmas Panels
1. Ashley's Art block
4. Chinese Coin Strips
6. Eric Carle Quilt
10. Sunkissed table runner #2

Will I actually finish all these?  Who knows, but it has been a fun process.  I am happy to have joined in the challenges and the way I picked the items was to just pull them from the UFO cabinet.  That meant I might or night not have wanted to work on them.  So, anything accomplished is a success!

Why do I join in on these challenges and don't pick the same item for each one?  Because this way I challenge myself and everything I do finish is a wonderful experience.
Do I stress over not completing them?  I used to, but not anymore.  They will get done when they are supposed to and that is the good news. If I have to change what they originally started as, that is fine too.  What if they become a small project?  That is fine. IF they become a larger project or get combined with another project?  That is wonderful.

I told myself to balance what I am doing this year and I think I have made that transition from stress to enjoyment.

The year is half over, so I wanted to see how I was stacking up to my plan.

No comments: