Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Memory Quilts

This set of quilts was made for the family of a special friend.
Rob was my son's youth pastor and also worked for me several times.
He was a special person who brought light to every situation.
Jennifer asked me to make these after Rob passed away a couple of years ago.

I first made hers using a cross pattern shaped like a heart.

Next came the three quilts for their children.

This was the last quilt made with the parts from all the shirts Jennifer provided.

I thought a heart quilt with some of the shirts was appropriate.

These were from the T-shirts.

This is the label Jennifer asked to be added to the quilts.
Hers was done in blue, and the children's in red. 

I finished these while my husband was in the hospital.
They brought me great comfort.

I found out the children have birthdays in November, so this was in His timing.

I've been working on them for a few years, so they are all UFOs.

No comments: