Wednesday, May 11, 2022

A Day of Sewing

I haven't had a good day of sewing in a while.
Between medical and life, I just barely get to sew.

I took a class to make a cover for my long arm. 
I bought pre-quilted fabric because I was not sure I'd get it quilted, but they didn't have enough of one color.
So, I bought two colors and I'm glad I did.
I ended up getting the long arm cover out of the 3.36 yards of fabric.
  
Here it is over two chairs in class and then on my machine.
I completed it before noon and the class went to 3:00, so I decided to make one for the embroidery machine.
I used the other 2.5 yards of fabric for my embroidery cover.
I did have to piece the back, but it is still great.
This is my embroidery cover.
I might need to adjust the bottom in the front of the machine because it is shorter.

Today I had nothing planned.
DD needs a baby quilt for a co-worker and I had this panel and the stars from another Eric Carle quilt.
So, off I went to put this together with what I had on hand.
I have it trimmed and ready to be bound.
We have doctor's appointments tomorrow, so who knows, maybe I'll even finish the binding.

It felt good to sew.

 

2 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Congratulations! You got a lot done. Baby quilt is darling. I know how it is when other things seem to take over your sewing time. Lord willing, I will be getting more sewing done in the near future.

cher said...

great job ! love the fabrics and I am sure you will get years of use out of these
Cher