Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vactioning

Why haven't I been posting? Because I've not been home to post. LOL We have been vacationing. I'm worn out. I'll show you what we've been up to.


Our trip started off at Schlitterbahn, New Braunfels, TX. Thank goodness DS went with us. I don't know that I'd be able to keep up with DD in the water.


Next was a visit to Sea World. DH doesn't ride on the roller coasters, so it was DD and me. DS couldn't go with us because he was working.


The next major event was a trip to Corpus Christi, TX. DS went along and was a life saver during this trip too.


We went to see the USS Lexington
I put them both in the brig when they got out of hand. :) DS having fun around the airplanes.Here we are, don't I look worn out already????

The Texas State Aquarium The kids playing around in a bubble of fish. DD waiting to see the dolphins. DD getting DS to hold a sea urchin. Look at that face. LOL


We took the long trip down to the tip of Texas to South Padre Island, TX to the Schlitterbahn there. That was a LONG day to drive down, play at Schlitterbahn and drive back to the Naval Air Station at Corpus Christi. We were all worn out from that trip.

I tied this fleece throw for DD for her birthday. I did work on yoyos on the trip down and back. Didn't get lots done because I napped.

I've been sewing on the BQ Mystery and Ann's Mystery. I still have 3 - 3" blocks to finish for the BQ Mystery. I am ready to sew the top together on Ann's Mystery. This was 100% from my 5" scrap drawer. I've used most of my nickles up. Yeah! Now to find the borders to finish it off.

Tomorrow I might get DH to go to the River Walk. We've been talking about it all summer.


Friday is a trip to Austin, TX to see if we can find China Town and Barton Springs swimming pool.











1 comment:

Kim said...

looks like great fun. Now look how pretty that SCRAPPY quilt is. Tell the truth it's growing on you