Thursday, July 2, 2015

Prairie Moon Organizational challenge

Prairie Moon has us doing a organizational challenge and this week is:

Organize your UFOs

This is something that has happened before and I've taken so many out of the cabinet to take with me that my UFO cabinet is getting some space.
This is my UFO cabinet.
It is under the window seat at the top of the stairs.
I have 162 documented UFOs.
There are times when another one shows up and I wonder where it was hiding.
I know I should go through them again and really either number or label them better.
It is sometimes difficult to see what I was thinking when I put it on the list and named it. 
My UFO pile also includes the ones pulled for special challenges.
They reside under my pressing table in the UFO bag.
They are labeled with the group and name I gave them.
It is easy to pull from these each month.
I had 18 here to start and now am down 10.

I'm going to be gone on next week, and I have them in a manner I want right now, so I will keep my system the way it is.

Last week was make lists.
I have updated my to do list.
My trip list is done.
I have my updated booster list.
I have my updated house list.
It was a good list week.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

no quilting

But I did get to embroider.
DD is going to band camp and they have theme days.
They have a twin day.
Only problem is she does not know anyone else going to the camp.
So, she came up with this:

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Accomplishments

Not many, but ....

April UFO #32 animal panel (7)
test table runner
Black & Bright
dolphin pillow
Texas Badges quilt

Not quilty, but funny

Received this today and I just had to share.  Hope you get a chuckle out of it.

Hello -- I  have questions!
Why  isn't the number 11 pronounced  onety-one?
 If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea...does that mean that one out of five enjoys  it?
  Why do croutons come in airtight packages?
Aren't  they just stale bread to begin with?
If people from Poland are called Poles, then why aren't people from Holland called  Holes?

 If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
 Why is  a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car is not called a racist?
If it's true that we are here to help  others, then what exactly are the others here for?

If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen  defrocked, then doesn't it follow that electricians  can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, and dry cleaners  depressed?
Do Lipton Tea employees take 'coffee breaks?'
What  hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald  men?
I  thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny little spoons and forks, so I wondered what do Chinese mothers use, Toothpicks?
Why do  they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do, write to them?  Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen can look for them while they deliver the mail?
Is it true that you never really learn to swear until you learn to drive?
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?
Whatever happened to Preparations A through G?
Why,  Why, Why do we press  harder on the remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

Why do banks charge a fee due to insufficient funds; when they already know you're broke?

Why is it that when  someone tells you that there are one billion stars in the universe you believe them, but if they tell you there is wet paint you have to touch it to check?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose cruel idea was it to put an "s" in the word "lisp"?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Why is it that, no matter what color bubble bath you use, the bubbles are always white?

Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why do people run over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it and then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

How do those dead bugs get into the enclosed light fixtures?

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

Why, in winter, do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

Do you  ever wonder why you gave me your e-mail address in the first  place?

The statistics on sanity say that one  out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental  illness. Think of your three best friends.
If they're OK..? (then it's  you!)


REMEMBER, A day without  a smile is like a day without  sunshine!
 And a  day without sunshine is,  like...........night!!!!

Now, stop laughing long enough to forward this onto somebody else who could also use a good chuckle!!

Monday, June 29, 2015

Lovely Year of Finishes -- Road Quilt

I love these road quilts for little boys.
So, this is the road quilt.
The borders are already cut, if I decide to go with what is in there.
Time will tell.
This will be my Lovely Year of Finishes.
I am needing to wait until the first 7 days of July to post what I'm working on.

Texas Badges Quilt

Besides having camera problems, here is a photo of the Texas Badges Quilt.
This is for me. :)
Used almost 6 yards of fabric and was all out of stash.
Thanks to Linda Lou for the embroidery.
I will enjoy this for a long time to come.
Another wonderful UFO that is done.

Design Wall

well, my design wall has not changed this week.
I was working on finishing something rather than planning it.

Check out the other design walls on Judy's site.