Monday, March 17, 2014

 
So, why is it you always need an additional bobbin to finish a quilt?  This is how much space I had to go when I ran out of bobbin.  :(
 
This quilt did not like me, even though I liked it.  I did the first pass and the stitch quality was BAD.  I had to rip it all out.  It takes so much longer to rip out than to put it in.  LOL
I just did loops because of the raw edge applique.  I was not sure how it was going to go with stitching an all over design on this quilt.  There were some turned over edges, but that is to be expected. 
This was the last of the 7 quilts for Tammy.  I am meeting her tomorrow, so I am thrilled that I finished it today and will be able to deliver all her quilts to her at one time.
I must say it has been some week. 
I had 7 quilts for a friend to get done and 1 for my small quilt group donation quilt, and 1 of my own.  I quilted 9 quilts this week. 
Only one gave me problems. 
When something goes wrong with threading, watch out.  The last quilt was a problem quilt.  I can not believe I had to rip out stitches, but I did get it quilted and ready to deliver tomorrow.  Woo Hoo.
 
I am now going to clean my baby and get it ready for the big star quilt that has been waiting for backing fabric. 
First, I need to sew the backing pieces together to make sure it is large enough. 
I really want this one done. 
I have no idea where it will end up, but it is a big quilt.
It feels good to be quilting again.

1 comment:

Tammom said...

I *LOVE* your star quilt in the colors you chose for it!