Sunday, February 9, 2014

My new baby

Well, as many of us quilters know, there is a need for each of us to have a featherweight sewing machine.  Lana found this one on craigslist for a price I was willing to pay.
The case is worn, and some of the scrolling is off, but she is pretty to me.  I know I will need a new cord and some TLC on the box.  I just now need to find all the places I need to know about.  :)
 
The history of this machine was a Mom used it to make uniforms and costumes for a family band that toured all over.  She was bought in 1937 and helped keep food on the table during depression times.
 
I can't wait to sew on her and clean her up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oooh congrats on your new baby....mine isn't perfect either but she does sew perfect and that is what counts....enjoy!

Marge Gordon said...

One of my FWs is a 1937 and sews like it is brand new. I like the older ones much better. Have fun with her!

Bonnie said...

She's going to be your go to machine if you sew away from home. One hint I heard is never lift her by the handle of her case. You never know when it might break! I also bought a clam shell foot pedal --- so much easier to sew with than the foot pedal that came with mine. Now if I can just get used to how slow she sews! Enjoy. Hope you are getting over your crud. (I read from latest to here...)