Saturday, February 23, 2013

Purse is done!

This is my DIP Dream in Process.  I have to snowball all those tiny corners.  If you look above the yellow square in the middle, you will see where I am.  I am going up the column. then, I have 6 more columns to go.  At that point I can once again take the 4 columns off on the left and chain stitch the rest to it.  That will be a happy day!  This is an old UFO.
 I wish I knew why this photo went sideways.  I never understand it.  LOL 
Finally the purse that didn't want to be made is done.  So, the saga goes.  I couldn't find the fusible fleece.  Then, I sewed the strips on the wrong side of it.  LOL  Then, I forgot to put the snaps on before ironing it and fusing the backing to the strips.  Then I sewed the pockets in upside down.  Then I twisted the strap.  Then the strap was too short and I had to piece the webbing.  It doesn't like to be pieced, so I covered it with fabric and really stitched it down lots of times.  Finally the purse is done and DD likes it.  It is a bit larger than the blue one so she should be able to fit all her books into it and lots of other things.  LOL

1 comment:

Sue Daurio said...

Love the purse, but that quilt on the design wall is going to be gorgeous!!